One question that every digital publisher has while creating a mobile version of their website is about how easily their existing Content Management System (CMS) integrates with MobStac and the steps involved.
If you are considering MobStac, we can assure you that it integrates seamlessly with your existing CMS creating a mobile and tablet website (Touchsite) that can be viewed perfectly on more than 5000 mobile and tablet devices (not just the smartphones!).
In this post, we will outline in detail how MobStac works with WordPress.
MobStac Plugin for WordPress
If you have a blog or website hosted on WordPress, MobStac can handle the rendering of the mobile and tablet version of your WordPress site by automatically detecting mobile traffic and serving the appropriate versions.
- Go to http://mobstac.com/ and sign up for a MobStac account. You will gain access to the MobStac dashboard.
- In the WordPress website, select MobStac WordPress Mobile from the Plugin directory or you can download the MobStac plugin for WordPress .
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and activate ‘MobStac WordPress Mobile’ through the plugins menu
The MobStac plugin requires WordPress version 1.5 or higher. For best results, please configure your caching plugin to turn off caching for mobile devices since that is handled by MobStac.
What does MobStac WordPress Mobile plugin do?
- MobStac follows Google’s SEO guidelines and ensures your mobile website complies with that. MobStac WordPress Mobile plugin teaches Googlebot-mobile the relationship between the mobile version and your desktop website.
- The plugin updates your mobile website in real-time with your desktop website and ensures they are in sync.
- The MobStac WordPress Mobile plugin automatically redirects your mobile traffic to the mobile version of your WordPress website.
With no extra work from you, the same plugin also renders a slick, magazine-like Touchsite for your iPad/tablet visitors. Consider another example of a WordPress website http://www.intomobile.com/ which uses the MobStac WordPress Mobile plugin.
A tablet visitor who types this URL on the browser will automatically be redirected to http://m.intomobile.com/ and will see the Touchsite version.
From any mobile phone – smart phones and feature phones you will automatically be redirected to http://m.intomobile.com/ and you will see the mobile version.
If your website uses other content management systems like Joomla and Drupal, in the coming weeks we will elaborate on how MobStac works with every CMS.
To keep track of MobStac updates, please subscribe to our RSS feed.